Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MAD STEVE
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
MAD STEVE

Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set Empty
PostSubject: Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set   Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Howdy

Got my hands on this the other day...
Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set SAM_0251

Two complete Landrover kits included, one being the Snatch, the other the WMIK (Weapons Mount Installation Kit), a special forces Land Rover.
I must say, from the offing, im impressed!
The detail on both kits is very good. Both have basic engines, complete chasis and interior detail. Both have bulged tires and the WMIK has additional armour and various bits and bobs to add on.
Interior detail on both, again is very good, The WMIK has a GPMG and 50 cal machine gun, as well as a couple of SA80's, and the Snatch also has a GPMG and SA80's
Both kits have 60 odd pieces, and both are represented as vehicles serving in Afganistan.
Only point I can really fault thus far, is theres no external stowage for both vehicles, as is seen in print etc, and the 50cal on the WMIK is a bit basic. Would have been nice if a Mk19 Grenade Launcher was included as well. There is a resin/pe udate set though for the Coyote that has the MK19 in it.
No crew figures are included, these are available seperately from Airfix.
Airfix also has its own brand PE set availble for these vehicles.

Im going to start on the Snatch, but it'll be finished in European camo, not desert.
Thanks for looking...
More Later

Steve
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set   Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:13 am

Im going to start on the Snatch, but it'll be finished in European camo, not desert.
Thanks for looking...
More Later

Steve[/quote]

...the question is WHEN? hope you include a build thread here from begining to end bounce
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set   Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 11:01 am

jugjunkie wrote:

Thanks for looking...
More Later

Steve

...the question is WHEN? hope you include a build thread here from begining to end bounce [/quote]

Later today actuaaaaaally jugs... Very Happy
And yes, ill do a buildy.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set   Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airfix 1/48th Twin Landrover set
Page 1 of 1