Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let me try to get my hand back in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
typhoonken
Sergeant
Sergeant
typhoonken

Let me try to get my hand back in Empty
PostSubject: Let me try to get my hand back in   Let me try to get my hand back in Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 3:06 am

It's been many years of one or two or three model completions a year.  Now, I have some 300 unbuilts and I'd like to get them done.  But one-a-month will take me some 25 years.  So I have to stop with too much research and aftermarket stuff and BUILD.

That having been said, I'm struggling through a Monogram 1/48 Tiger Shark, working towards a Flying Tiger Tomahawk.  Original mold from 1964 (a very good year) in a 1991 boxing.  Much work on ALL seams and a non-existent dihedral, but it's ready for paint.  My problem (for the last month) is, believe it or not, which mouth. Question 

I've looked at probably EVERY Flying Tiger and yes, there are nearly 100 different mouths.  The pictures I'm working from are too big to attach here, but lip colors, snarl shapes, eye positions, eye colors, tongue thicknesses, number of teeth... very frustrating when you have photographic reference.  So...

... it has become "Shut up and build, Ken."  And it's now very refreshing to just get down to business. Smile 

Finished product to follow.

Ken
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
MAD STEVE

Let me try to get my hand back in Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let me try to get my hand back in   Let me try to get my hand back in Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 am

Howzit Ken
I think you might find that you are not alone in that respect. I know a lot of modellers that spend months on research and also produce one or two kits a year.
But I think you nailed it on the head... Less reading more building  Very Happy 

Steve
Back to top Go down

Let me try to get my hand back in
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Model making with a South African persuasion :: Aircraft :: WWII 1939 to 1945 :: Discussion-
Jump to: