Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

profile data base

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

profile data base Empty
PostSubject: profile data base   profile data base Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 2:18 pm

I'm thinking of starting up a profile data base in the aircraft section. The idea is that i want to start collecting high quality colour profiles of aircraft that can be used for reference. I could start with my many hundreds of decal sheets that have really good quality graphics. The idea is that anybody building - say a Fw 190 A, can go in there and check out for a colour scheme and then go either look for the decals, use your spares or print what you need. I have very often seen great colour schemes and then after looking at the decals, realized that I had more than enough decals in the spares box to do it anyway so no need to buy any. It's just an idea, I'm absent from here for too long sometimes anyway - don't need to give myself more fucking work too!
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
MAD STEVE
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
MAD STEVE

profile data base Empty
PostSubject: Re: profile data base   profile data base Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 2:43 pm

I think its a good idea Very Happy
But its a shite load of wek...
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1
Snowy

profile data base Empty
PostSubject: Re: profile data base   profile data base Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:06 pm

That is some serious graft, cataloguing all those kites, colour. schemes, variants, markings & squadrons!! affraid

Cool idea, none the less cheers
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

profile data base Empty
PostSubject: Re: profile data base   profile data base Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:04 am

Think i'll start it anyway - what the Fuck there is no time limit anyway. It will add a reference section in the relevant discussion panel, anybody willing to contribute, is more than welcome - I would just like to ask that we try and keep the format as follows:
No text - just pictures - preferably colour but I know some manufacturers still use drawings and monochrome pics, if it is a decal set then fine but if it is a profile then only colour please.

If it is a simple stand alone profile, then just post the picture - if there is no description, then please just add the minimum identifying info.

If it is a decal sheet, then just the page showing the various options and showing the sheet manufacturer and number.

I'll start the ball rolling so's everyone gets the idea.
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

profile data base Empty
PostSubject: Re: profile data base   profile data base Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

profile data base
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Model making with a South African persuasion :: General :: Whatever.....discuss the weather or maybe the effect of dust on the Hubble Space Telescope....-
Jump to: