Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paints I use

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

Paints I use Empty
PostSubject: Paints I use   Paints I use Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:14 pm

I have been asked on a few other forums what paint i use or prefer, this is what I use mostly now, for the ease of use/airbrush cleaning, the smell, and it's water based non toxic.

Paints I use 7c575c99

For these acrylics, I prime first with Tamiya Fine white (rattle can) then I always use Tamiya A/S 12 silver as a base, no paint lift has occurred using the acrylics on this base.

A bonus using the silver is if you rub off some paint while finishing your model accidentally, it looks very natural like a real metal panel, also you can carefully chip off the main paint colour for a better looking chipping affect, if you go too deep you can always use a thin brush with some decanted A/S12 to touch up, or even a close shade of silver paint to match.

Sometimes I just use the Tamiya A/S and T/S colours for my main painting but still always prime then A/S 12 before the main colours

For figures/IP work/detailing etc, Humbrol enamels.

Back to top Go down

Paints I use
Page 1 of 1