Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MAD STEVE
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
MAD STEVE

ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Empty
PostSubject: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Ok seriously, what the .... is up with the post office again.

#1 - I have an envelope winging its way from Eduard with a couple sets of PE which I purchased, on JANUARY 9th! The chaps at Eduard are uber helpful and have made enquiries on my behalf, and we have ascertained that my envelope is in the International Post Hub.
So, I phone them, two things stick out from that conversation. 1) I didnt have a tracking number that ends in ZA so i cant be helped (the domestic tracking number just btw), and 2) The tracking number that I do have is irrelevant because its not used in South Africa, (no surprise there then seeing as it from the Czech republic.) and I quote, 'I mas just wait.'
WTF is wrong with these people, mail is scanned, it has that number attached to it.

But...

It gets better...

#2 - Im waiting for 2 small parcels, one from durbs, and one from PE. Both posted on the same day, two weeks ago. Log onto the PO website and track them, they are still in transit... They were scanned out of the relevant branches, and are still 'in transit' 14days later???
I buy loads of stuff from MDF in PE, and it takes 3-4 days to get here.
So, I phone the PO again.
Guess where they are.. yup, you got it, the international hub!

I think couriers are the way to go...
Sorry, rant over, ill go away now.

Steve
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:25 pm

I know your pain Steve, I sent a little book about animals to my Grandson in England about 4 weeks ago and needless to say he never got it - it never left our shores because some little Black Bastard at the post office decided that it was better suited to one of his illegitimate offspring!!!
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:51 am

jugjunkie wrote:
I know your pain Steve, I sent a little book about animals to my Grandson in England about 4 weeks ago and needless to say he never got it - it never left our shores because some little Black Bastard at the post office decided that it was better suited to one of his illegitimate offspring!!!

Yeah well, lets not even go there.
I sent a kit to a mate on thursday morning via courier, to durbs, and it was delivered friday afternoon, for R52. Got a kit sent from the UK via XPS, 3 days!....
But, my stuff is still floating around the friggin 'hub' where absolutely no one can actually trace the tracking numbers.
Hello peter here we come.

S
Back to top Go down
SA Dave
Corporal
Corporal
SA Dave

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm

I have had 2 parcels disapear on me the last 3 months. Kits that friends have sent me - one from Germany and another from America BTW Geoff we need a Smiley that blows his TOP
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 am

SA Dave wrote:
I have had 2 parcels disapear on me the last 3 months. Kits that friends have sent me - one from Germany and another from America BTW Geoff we need a Smiley that blows his TOP

The thing that irritates me the most is that a group of people can literally hold up an entire countries mail service because some absloute f**khead has promised them like R100 million in some pension scam.
Instead of taking action againt the scammers, they tell the post office, they want their R100 million they were promised.....

Most people are just prepared to do the normal sarf efrican thing, and just sit and wait, moan about the strike, and just end up waiting 3 bloody months for there mail.

I, am not!!!
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Update....

Arrow bounce Arrow bounce

My Eduard sets arrived today, her indoors collected them from the post office...
Ordered January 9th...
Delivered April 16th...

4 months...
Upon investigation, three and a half of those months, its been sitting in the International Hub...
It was processed out on friday last week...
It arrived there on January 16th.... No

Steve
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:02 pm

I see you guys have a great postal service............

meanwhile in Oz......

when I received a parcel from the USA the sender put my name, address, postcode etc on ok, but just put ''Wales'' - not New South Wales - it was delivered to my door - can't beat Aussie post !!

Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Phil wrote:
I see you guys have a great postal service............

meanwhile in Oz......

when I received a parcel from the USA the sender put my name, address, postcode etc on ok, but just put ''Wales'' - not New South Wales - it was delivered to my door - can't beat Aussie post !!

Thats probably because your posties are capable of independant thought, and dont go on strike every 14 days because they dont like the colour of the envelopes, want R100 million payouts (I kid you not) or are just too frikken lazy to work that day...

As an aside, we have just ordered a small but vital part for a concrete pump that has just winged its way from Germany. Ordered monday morning, the XPS van is sitting outside my office now....
Back to top Go down
SA Dave
Corporal
Corporal
SA Dave

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:10 pm

You forgot the fact that when the post office workers go on a "GO SLOW" they are actually faster than normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...   ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARRRGH!!! F**KING POST OFFICE...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Model making with a South African persuasion :: General :: Whatever.....discuss the weather or maybe the effect of dust on the Hubble Space Telescope....-
Jump to: