Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
junglie
Corporal
Corporal

Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary..... Empty
PostSubject: Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary.....   Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:20 pm

OK guys, just to let you know and maybe piss you off, I've got my ticket booked and my accommodation sorted. I'm off to Scale Modelworld at Telford in the UK early November. Not the best time to be visiting Europe as it will be frozen willy time!
The Rand/UKP exchange rate is at a shocking rate but if I don't do it now I may never do it again!

I've been an IPMS member since 1972 (ish), so I feel obliged to attend. I've got myself in with the Brampton Modellers, Phil Cater runs the SAAF SIG, so he is sorting me out with some accommodation. There is a bribe to pay, in that I have to supply a model for the SIG stand and cart two American modellers around, which I more than happy to do.
I 'm trying to finish an Allou III with Elephant ear filters, the bribe. It's an old model I'm trying to update with the Whirlybird resin filters. I'm almost there!
For those of you who have never attended an overseas model event then this in my opinion has to be the one. Alternatively the US IPMS Nationals but only when they hold it on the East coast (have a look on Britmodeller there is a thread which leads you to the pics. IPMS Nationals).
Be sure I'll be taking lots of pics to show you on my return.

Colin , with not much money left!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary.....   Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:22 pm

junglie wrote:
OK guys, just to let you know and maybe piss you off, I've got my ticket booked and my accommodation sorted. I'm off to Scale Modelworld at Telford in the UK early November. Not the best time to be visiting Europe as it will be frozen willy time!
The Rand/UKP exchange rate is at a shocking rate but if I don't do it now I may never do it again!

I've been an IPMS member since 1972 (ish), so I feel obliged to attend. I've got myself in with the Brampton Modellers, Phil Cater runs the SAAF SIG, so he is sorting me out with some accommodation. There is a bribe to pay, in that I have to supply a model for the SIG stand and cart two American modellers around, which I more than happy to do.
I 'm trying to finish an Allou III with Elephant ear filters, the bribe. It's an old model I'm trying to update with the Whirlybird resin filters. I'm almost there!
For those of you who have never attended an overseas model event then this in my opinion has to be the one. Alternatively the US IPMS Nationals but only when they hold it on the East coast (have a look on Britmodeller there is a thread which leads you to the pics. IPMS Nationals).
Be sure I'll be taking lots of pics to show you on my return.

Colin , with not much money left!!!!!

Oooh you jammy sod Colin....
Im going over in December for 'shopping' and stuff but I would have loved to go to the 50th bash, just cant get the leave at that time.
lets just hope the exchange rate drops a bit by then.

steve
Back to top Go down
junglie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary.....   Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary..... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Sorry Steve. Not my fault you can't organise you leave better! Only joking, I'm sure you have done your best. It's all a matter of timing, I knew it was going to happen so was prepared. Not that it's going to make much difference to the exchange rate!
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary.....   Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary..... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:15 am

Of course there will be a thread here when you get back with all those photo's you'll be taking.Smile Smile 
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
colin burgess
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary.....   Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary..... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi Guys, sorry for the lack of any reply to the above. If you got to IPMS UK site and look for the Forums and there you can dig out a whole raft of pics. To say the least it was a fantastic event, two whole sheds the size of aircraft hangers chock full of models and traders. I didn't spend half of the cash I took what a plonker am I? Answers on a plain brown envelope address to my doctor!
With a hall full of around four thousand sweaty modellers I managed to bump into four guys from the UK who I had been corresponding with but never actally met before. One of those via snail mail, who says IPMS isn't a world wide modellers organisation.
The Airfix 24th Tempest looked magnificent but I'd have rather had a ??? Who knows!

What I did find was a box from Mirror-Modles in Ireland, two Indian despatch riders mororcylces. I've sent one to Mad Steve in Jo'burg but more of that later this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary.....   Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scale Modelworld, IPMS UK 50th anniversary.....
Page 1 of 1