Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Westland Wessex HAS Mk1....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
colin burgess
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Westland Wessex HAS Mk1.... Empty
PostSubject: Westland Wessex HAS Mk1....   Westland Wessex HAS Mk1.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:57 pm

I recently finished this model in early November, it was my entry in the Helicopter II GB on Britmodeller. As usuall when trying to build to a deadline things go wrong. We not wrong with this one, I just tried to do too much to it. New nose, folded main rotorbrades and folded tail. I'd made the master for the parts and had the resin parts shiped back from Scotland.
The kit is the rescently released Itaelri Wessex HU5 kit converted and depicting a very early HAS Mk1 from the Wessex IFTU.

Westland Wessex HAS Mk1.... IMG_1886crop_zps588de273

Paint is White Ensign RAF Blue Grey decals are from the spares box and the kit. The base a piece of board and sprayed with auto lacquer.
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: Westland Wessex HAS Mk1....   Westland Wessex HAS Mk1.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 5:30 pm

That is quite remarkable - excellent build again Colin.
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
Snowy
Warrant Officer Class 1
Warrant Officer Class 1
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Westland Wessex HAS Mk1....   Westland Wessex HAS Mk1.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:26 pm

That is one sweet build, bub!!

A great job on the mods and the finish.

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
colin burgess
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Westland Wessex HAS Mk1....   Westland Wessex HAS Mk1.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi guys, many thanks for the kind comment, it was a labour of love as I work on the Wessex during my time in the FAA. So it was sort of easy until I came to modifying the kit. Not one of Italeris best helo kits.

Colin
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: Westland Wessex HAS Mk1....   Westland Wessex HAS Mk1.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Very nicely done!
Back to top Go down

Westland Wessex HAS Mk1....
Page 1 of 1