Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AIRBRUSH ISSUES...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MAD STEVE
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
MAD STEVE

AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: AIRBRUSH ISSUES...   AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:39 am

Hiya chaps.
Can you possibly assist with a little problem im having.

I have an Air Craft SGA 130 Gravity Feed Double Action Airbrush.

There seems to be a problem with the trigger. When I depress for air, it goes down but doesnt come back up again meaning basically the air stays on all the time and this obviously is having an effect on the paint. The trigger wont stop blowing air unless I actually pull it up and now there is no paint coming out either.

Few points
- its clean... (almost surgically now)
- Last paint used was Valejo Dark Green and Tamiya Flat earth (that was thinned with Tamiya thinner.) The dark green apparently did not agree with it and the frontend bunged up.
- The Needle does not appear to be skew.
- I use Tamiya Airbrush cleaner to clean it.

Anyone have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIRBRUSH ISSUES...   AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:20 am

Hiya Steve, your most likely problem is the trigger seal. Most airbrushes have a seal around the pin that is positioned below the trigger. This pin is spring mounted at the air inlet (where your hose connects to the airbrush) if you can remove the inlet valve you will find a small rubber seal, sometimes this ages and expands so that when you depress the trigger the seal doesn't allow the spring return. Hope it helps if not i'll try and scan my airbrushes manual to show the seal which I hope you can access on yours.
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIRBRUSH ISSUES...   AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Thanks Jugs.

Now that you mention that, when i took off the airline coupling, i did notice that the seal/ oring thingie did seem a bit tight, or was holding the pin back....

Ill get myself some orings...

Thanks a lot. Thankfully I still have me side feeder to use.

Steve
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIRBRUSH ISSUES...   AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:29 pm

rabbit 
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIRBRUSH ISSUES...   AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:33 pm

not just a pretty chief of the airforce hey...

Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIRBRUSH ISSUES...   AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi Steve, I had same prob on my older (first) AB the Sparmax 115, I also use Tamiya AB cleaner, what it was - a small amount of dried paint on the underside of the tiny valve thingy that the trigger pushes down on to release the air, if you can strip down that section and remove the pieces, give that and the rest a good clean with the ab cleaner using a cotton swab stick, it should clear the prob.

HTH

Phil
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIRBRUSH ISSUES...   AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Now that makes sense Phil.
Ill have to see if I can strip that bit out.
Actually what you are saying makes a lot of sense because it feels like the trigger is being held back, or gripped by something...

Nice one Phil, thanks...

Steve
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIRBRUSH ISSUES...   AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 11:02 am

Hi Guys...

I've finally got my Airbrush working again.
After talking to someone in the Graphic Art industry, and telling him the issue that I was having he showed me his brush, which is basically the same as mine but a different name.
What he said kind of makes sense. The O ring that is in the section where the air hose connects sometimes can deteriorate because of the chemicals that we use to clean the brushes.
(you may want to look away now for those sensative to airbrush abuse)...
His solution, take a new No11 knife blade, insert it into the opening and twist it round the o ring a couple of turns.
Takes off like a 1/4 of a mm from the inside of the O ring... and viola, it works...

Chuffed as poo now bounce 

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIRBRUSH ISSUES...   AIRBRUSH ISSUES... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AIRBRUSH ISSUES...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Model making with a South African persuasion :: General :: Whatever.....discuss the weather or maybe the effect of dust on the Hubble Space Telescope....-
Jump to: