Model making with a South African persuasion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model making with a South African persuasion

Hosted by Geoff Pereira (jugjunkie)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Empty
PostSubject: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Here is the Great Wall Hobbies new tool P61A

Will be OOB and Olive Drab over Neutral Grey camo -

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_7522a

And here we go............
Annoyingly the kit has not got rotating props - I hate that with a passion!

It also tells you to add a nose weight, shown on the instruction sheet is a molded weight that fits in front of the bulkhead behind the radar - it's not supplied in the kit!

First off I addressed the non rotating props.
Simple fix really, cut off the prop pin and drill a hole through, make a shaft from scrap spru, and a locking donut
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8165pp

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8186e

The next thing was one tedious step, cutting off all those molding pins from part I31 for the opened rad flaps, just to get it out of the way.

Curious to see how the engine all fitted together I assembled one and held it together with blu tac, Pe piece to go on later, but with the cowling on you can't see any of the nice detail
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8188c1

So I got creative........

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8189c2

And the props spin perfect!

One of the first things I found about this kit is you have to be extra careful cutting the pieces from the spues as alot of the pieces are thin and finely detailed, with multiple attachment points the first piece was broken which was a support piece for the pilots seat.

going back to my first review pics shows the broken piece first time out of the bag
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_7573c

some of the parts are very fine, these are the arm rests for the gunners seat
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8213x1

one neat idea the GWH kit has is this plastic sheet on both sides of the Pe which allows you to cut the Pe part straight through the plastic leaving the free Pe piece right there - no Scud Missile!
Just peel back the plastic, remove the cut Pe piece, then reseat the plastic sheet ready for the next time
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8216x1

my total for one night! this could be a very slow build!

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8221x1

Working out the two zinc chromate colours in the fuselage I noticed this decal,

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8224a

expand it to full size,

now the letters read

LOOKATTHATE CAT SWE PRODUC

PEOPLESWEETDGROT

break it up and remove the e and s, add ed and you get
lOOK AT THAT CAT WE PRODUCed

very strange!!!

as for the other one - it beats me!!!

Latest progress on this, impressions - plastic reminds me of Classic Airframes - very soft - one has to be careful with sanding.

Cutting parts from sprues - Much care and thinking how to do it - cut willy nilly - you got probs!

I made the pics 2000 pixels so you can have a good look at the joins

wig to boom outside - ok, a little squeezing with the fingers while the Ca glue grabs and holds needed - the gear bulkheads need a bit shaved off but have to be careful you don't start cutting into the detail

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8261x1

wing to boom inside - a bit of a step, sanded lightly to clean up a little but a fair amount of detail there, it will be hard to spot I think when all joined up to the fuselage, left it alone.
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8262x1

wing to boom Top - a bit of a step, it sands down easy, again care needed with the plastic, also you need to check your join on the rear wing inside of the flaps as the glue grabs
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8263x1

wing to boom inside - another view to show the fit -
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8264x1

Boom seam - nice fit joins very nice, you also need to trap the movable rudder when gluing these together, instructions are rather vague to tell you the best way of attaching the rudders, either when the booms are together, then join the two pieces of rudders, or do the rudders first then trap them between the booms, i did the later.

Point to remember, with the gear well sidewalls you must align these carefully otherwise one edge will stick out and the other will push in, you can align this when gluing the two booms together - i glued the well after the booms were together after the discovery of gluing it in to one side first - :bur2:

Note - the Ailerons are ONE piece with two T attachments, these must be put in before gluing the wing together!
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8266x1

completed wing to stb fuse bottom - Dry fitted only
fit is how you see it, slight gap front and rear
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8267x1

completed wing to stb fuse top - Dry fitted only
fit is how you see it, slight gap front and rear
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8268x1

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8272x1
and the completed radar dry fitted to bulkhead- a few wires needed I think!! :biggrin:

I have lots of sub assemblies going, this kit is not to be rushed, dry fitting is essential IMO, I have found that a lot of the joining pin holes need re drilling out, and some joining pins shortening, injection pin marks are prevalent I guess it's up to the builder to decide whether to remove or leave, some won't be seen, some will.

Now for the port boom/wing assembly...!

Last edited by Phil on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 6:17 pm

That is some strange writing in those cockpit placards!!! Love the detail in this thread Phil - very informative - I love it. Will be watching you weave your magic on this one.
Back to top Go down
https://modelmaker.forumotion.com
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Cheers Geoff!
I got the ''green chromate'' parts done today going by this photo colours this is what I came up with
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC04310web

It will do me fine, I added a couple of drops of Testors (very light!!) ZCGreen to Humbrol 117
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8283a

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8286a

started detailing the parts tonight, more soon
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:24 pm

need to find a pop corn eating smiley
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
Senior Chief Warrant Officer
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:48 pm

jugjunkie wrote:
need to find a pop corn eating smiley

lol!
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:29 pm

meanwhile - photobucket has upgraded - now a user is limited to a pathetic 1024 max pixel size which sucks shit.

some progress on the pit detailing, a little more painting to do
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8345pit1

now what's this you may think.......
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8350r1

it's the small ''top of the T'' radar piece that goes onto the radar dish - GWH molded it as a one piece ''T'' part - which snapped of as i gently brushed it - and it was gone.

Being such a small part I looked over the workspace and didn't find it - couldn't be bothered trying to search the carpet for the thing - I just scratched another one.

so that is a scratch made bit and ready to go onto the pole I made up which has been attached to the dish.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8361r1

I also added some wires and some made up cabling.

Tried Chuk's method of making cable fasteners from thin metal foil

Now for some strange reason there are things in the modelling world one cannot explain.

Just before I the part snapped and took off into the wide blue yonder, I painted one of the cables red.

Did you spot anything unusual??

I didn't until I painted a bit of black on the red cables ends.

The unexplainable!

follow the dots to the arrow head!

The circled one is my scratch made part
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8361r2

there is the snapped off radar dish T piece - stuck fast to the red paint!!!

WTF !!! or more to the point HTF did it fly there and stick to that wet paint is beyond me!!!

I think that is enough cables for the radar unit - which is now under lock and key until it gets fitted!!!
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8364r

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8365r

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! DSC_8366r

-------------------------------------------

this thing is now the number one official biggest PITA tailsitter I've ever had the displeasure of building!.

Reading weight requirements of less than 16 grams in a 72nd version, this needs - 55 grams Minimum!! to hold it down on the front wheel.

as it is in the pics it just stays put, but the problem, there is no way you can fit all those lead balls into the space shown by GWH to add the weight.

It is clear now why they didn't supply the shown molded weight pictured on the instructions - it didn't work so they deleted it from the kit.

It is supposed to fit between the back of the IP and back of the radar bulkhead - nadda! no way possible for 55 grams = 6 lead balls.

The available space given to add weight would fit a max 2 of those lead balls, hammered down to a shape.

With the glass nose that shows the radar array, putting lead in there to be seen would be just plain stupid.

The only thing I can think of is to mount this onto a small dio board with fixed attachments to all three wheels.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! De34df239028168

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! C40077239028178

------------------------------------------
Please excuse my crude drawings!
I've lined up the wing to the fuse join position so you can see the Centre of Gravity - red line vertical is about it.

you can see up front where GWH shows you to place the nose weight - #2 is the space they give, dotted line is the radar bulkhead, and IP sits where the short red line is.

55g of lead to fit there......

W is where you could pack in the lead, but I suspect being further back to the rear just how many extra grams of lead would be needed!.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! D0308a239213041

Here are the main gear leg attachment points - two small pins X that go into precut hollows in the bay,the arrow points to a glue join, and believe me it's not that strong!

1 is a point where I intend to apply glue for a bit more strength - not shown by GWH as a glue point.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 72389c239212273

here you can see just how tiny those attachment pins are, I am thinking about replacing them with brass tube for more strength.

This is also adds fuel to the fire on just how much added weight these would take.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 92f26e239212246

the dotted line shows how critical the fit needs to be when gluing in the gear bay, my mistake here was not aligning it with the other nacelle half dry fitted to check before the Ca glue hardened, will have to add a thin piece of plastic to cover the dotted line area and give some strength to the exposed pin
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! C4af8e239212221

front wheel attachment points are not much better, again four small pins to support the weight, and I did glue that front support plate wrong - fixed now
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 8947b0239212159

I think if I added sufficient weight to the available areas the model would weight a tonne! so my thoughts of a small dio board with the three wheels fixed is looking good to me at the moment!

have ordered this, which I will set in a picture frame or make up a smaller board like my large ones.
http://www.bnamodelworld.com/aircraft/aircraft-aftermarket-sets/for-aircraft-1-48/tarmac-display-base/1-48-psp-coloured-pre-painted-model-pad-400x300mm

which I think will look rather good with some modelling sand scattered over it and a few added extras, jeep, figs etc.

----------------------------------------

I played around with weights again today to see just how much it would take - gave up once it started to droop in various places - the mask tape wouldn't hold it together!!

It will be fixed to the board, so the weight prob is fixed for now.

Started the guns - the two 20mm on the left are just black basecoat, right two have been ''metalized'', the 50 cal has just been started
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! F5eeb0239381655
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Ho leee shite...
Ive seen a few pics of these kits and was quite impressed and it sure looks as if yours is going to be just as impressive.

Although I see nothing wrong with your nose weight arrangementaround the nose, perhaps the dio board is better (yup, i know sweet jack about planes)

Lurking deep in the Darkside Stash, I have an old Monogram P61 still sealed in its box for me to attempt at some point in life, dont think ill bother now...

Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 4:21 pm

MAD STEVE wrote:
Ho leee shite...
Ive seen a few pics of these kits and was quite impressed and it sure looks as if yours is going to be just as impressive.

Although I see nothing wrong with your nose weight arrangementaround the nose, perhaps the dio board is better (yup, i know sweet jack about planes)

Lurking deep in the Darkside Stash, I have an old Monogram P61 still sealed in its box for me to attempt at some point in life, dont think ill bother now...

AWWW common Steve, looking at this amazing job Phil's doing, it must surely make you want to grab that box and tuck in clown
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm

jugjunkie wrote:
MAD STEVE wrote:
Ho leee shite...

AWWW common Steve, looking at this amazing job Phil's doing, it must surely make you want to grab that box and tuck in clown

go away you horrible man... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Give it a go Steve - you have one big advantage - the nose on your kit is not clear - so you can pack in up to 16 grams and it's sweet!

Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:56 am

Phil wrote:
Give it a go Steve - you have one big advantage - the nose on your kit is not clear - so you can pack in up to 16 grams and it's sweet!

I bought this kit years and years ago, because I remember, as a 'ufe, seeing it in a Monogram catalogue and thinking that this is now the bees knees..., even though I wasnt too keen on planes back then. Think I recall someone telling me as well that there was a Verlinden update set (old Francois was my god in those days) and that was it for me, wet dream in a box...
And there, almost 12 years later, it still sits in the cupboard, unopened...
Maybe if I get my hands on the Verlinden kit, maybe.... The Monogram kit has lots of openy things and doodahs and wotsits that are on display, and its all black (bonus).
Now if i can just get the dozen or so other things off my desk, maybe I can consider it...

S
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:49 pm

well finally some enjoyment - a bit anyway.
This chinese plastic is bloody pathetic, while fixing the 20mm cannon in the bays tonight the front support just broke for no reason, at least it made fixing the guns in a bit easier.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Bd7240240080672

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Dca10f240080711

not really much progress, the Pe belt set is one horrible set, like the plastic is breaks without warning.

The super detailed engine Pe piece is something I just can't describe - try bloody impossible to fix - even thread into the double row cylinders of the engine.

I'm hoping Hobby Boss kits are not the same as this GWH kit - plastic wise.

Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Looks like it's putting up a fight Phil, but it's good to see you bashing the Bastard into submission!
Back to top Go down
MAD STEVE
MAD STEVE

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi Phil

Apart from your fantastic modelling... I like your style.
You tell it like it is, call a spade a spade.

Looks good so far, like the cockpit.

S
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:11 am

Thanks Geoff and Steve,
yes that's the only way to be with this hobby, no good going oooh and ahhh it's so good go buy it!!!! if this is the best they can offer, and I have been careful putting this together, checking, dry fitting, countless times, even more than a Classic Airframes limited run kit - then having these fit probs, there must be something very wrong - and I'm sure it's not me!!! lol!

Anyways...

My lighting screwed up tonight, the yellow shows very harsh, so just discount that.

pit, guns, radar op compartments in now, I'm not bothering with more weathering this thing inside, each time you bump something it breaks.
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 9a92ab240719036

This has serious fit problems when attaching the port fuse section, the 20mm guns need to be threaded thru the gun holes and an act of contortion need to align the two halves -( wait! - there's another part just broken as I do this...... 💩 )

By this method? of chinese engineering I may have to dry fit the two halves first, even then they don't sit together thanks to misaligned pin and hole locations, then add the glue in sections to get the deed done.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! C204f2240719052

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 4f78cc240719103

the ip gives three sliders with no levers??? so added leftover Pe levers, guessing they are for the landing gear.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! D2fb8e240719077

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 9e5540240719123

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 74a68c240719148

the ip - all those dial decals are singles - what a nightmare to - each one needed trimming right to the dial, otherwise the oversized clear backing looked like a dogs behind on the panel.

All detail painting with Humbrol enamels
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! D4d8c1240719162

the front gear leg and access hatch must be attached at this stage, the gear leg is trapped between the gear bay and fuse side, access hatch by the gear bay and pit floor - another pain as I had glued the frail thin ladder to the door - as per instructions - how it was to survive masking and painting is beyond me - so I drilled out the glue holes and freed the ladder, for some insane reason it didn't break :yahoo:
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 13080e240719196

that front gear leg now has a Ca glued long brass rod inserted inside it now and thru the gear bay floor - that sucker should hold!

Now to attack the main gear legs with brass rod, rather fix it now then after it collapses when finished!!

I'm not weighting it at all, I intend to mount it to an Eduard PSP board three brass rod pins Ca glued into drilled holes in each wheel.

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Allied-Airfield-with-PSP-cover-300x400-1-48.html?cur=2&force_sid=47d4ea78382151c5962467b072c4acf2&listtype=search&searchparam=8804

Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 am

The interior is simply Stunning Phil!
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks Geoff!

here are gwh ''spoilerons'' in all there detail...?? pretty chunky and they will be glued closed, just thoght I'd show them open first.
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 9418bf241884224

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! F89ff0241884242
replaced gwh's pissy plastic gear leg pins with a steel sewing pin all the way through the gear leg.
X is where the support broke, it was glued with CA, pathetically weak joint.

I drilled and inserted another piece of steel pin, it won't be in the correct place - I couldn't give a shit, now it supports the leg in the bay

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 5b9263241884252

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 4915f1241884275

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! De18f0241884330
I redid the plain black box into first aid boxes, used leftover decal red dashes from the Eaglecal JV44 sheet for the red crosses, if it's wrong, too bad lol!
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 8004f1241884381

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 66596e241884399
wings all on, ready for the first round of primer and then silver base.
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 7545f7241884350
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 pm

A small step forward,
engines, rad flaps, exhausts now together.

GWH gives you two Pe intake assemblies - good luck fitting these if you have them as I couldn't bend the intake tubes without them breaking off, let alone thread them into the maze of that double row engine!

with the cowlings on though, you just can't see anything at all so.........

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 69dbaa244411855

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Db5f18244411850

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! C7edd5244411861
with the cowling on you cant see much
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 4df891244411863

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Ae06b7244411865

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 7f150f244411868
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:51 pm

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 958b03246251668

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 57b707246251687

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 007481246251733

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Db7444246251759

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 0b3a47246251778

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 879db8246251811

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 16b10c246251826

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! B9680b246251833

still doing the panel lines
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:06 pm

now fully 100% done and dusted!

Added the tail boom aerial wires, front radar poles, pilots boarding ladder, what would of been the smart choice for an option on this kit is a weighted front gear bay, like Tamiya gives you for their Me262 series, a white metal front gear leg would also be gratefully accepted.

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 5cd90b246974013
Both props spin up nice
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! B2d200246974020
couldn't make the turret rotate, at least got the .50's to elevate
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 2dda9e246974035

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 46adb6246974148

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 6481f3246974326

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 2e0a28246974339

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 0fa558246974354

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 8b49a4246974537

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 076dfb246974572

Can't fault the decals - you can actually read what they say!
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! C45017246974598

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! A8aa07246974618

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Cc3568246974636

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 8fa87b246974647

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 689ff0246974674

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Dc1559246974682

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! E8103e246974697

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! F653e1246974729

the Pacific collective!
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! C6fa5c246974786
You get a good idea just how big this bird was beside the B-25
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 467530246974807

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! E59017246974828

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! C0f2eb246974847

Nose Art!!
GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! 8c7f07246974864
Back to top Go down
jugjunkie
Chief of the Air Force
Chief of the Air Force
jugjunkie

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 am

words fail Phil, but at least i will say - AWESOME! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Phil
Master Warrant Officer
Master Warrant Officer
Phil

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:06 am

Thanks Geoff, I'm sure glad it's done!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!   GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GWH 1/48 P61 Black Widow "Glassnose" Complete!!
Page 1 of 1